This Warrant Agreement involves
Title: CLASS B WARRANT
Governing Law: California Date: 10/15/2009
Industry: Semiconductors Sector: Technology
THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ ACT ”), OR UNDER APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES ACTS (THE “STATE ACTS”). NOR IS SUCH REGISTRATION CONTEMPLATED. SUCH SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD, ASSIGNED, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED UNLESS REGISTERED UNDER THE ACT OR THE STATE ACTS, EXCEPT UPON DELIVERY TO THE COMPANY OF AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE COMPANY AND TO LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE COMPANY THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SUCH TRANSFER OR THE SUBMISSION TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SUCH COUNSEL SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE THAT ANY SUCH TRANSFER WILL NOT BE IN VIOLATION OF THE ACT OR STATE ACTS OR ANY RULE OR REGULATION PROMULGATED THEREUNDER.THESE SECURITIES ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO CERTAIN ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER SET FORTH IN SECTION 3 HEREOF.
CLASS B WARRANT
Warrant No. B__
Original Issue Date: October ,2009
NEOMAGIC CORPORATION , a Delaware corporation (the “ Company ” ), hereby certifies that, for value received, ________________________ or its permitted registered assigns (the “ Holder ” ), is entitled to purchase from the Company up to a total of ______ shares of common stock, $0.001 par value (the “ Common Stock ”), of the Company (each such share issued upon exercise of this Warrant , a “ Warrant Share ” and all such shares, the “ Warrant Shares ” ) at an exercise price equal to $.09 per share (as adjusted from time to time as provided herein, the “ Exercise Price ”), at any time and from time to time during the two (2) year period commencing on the date hereof (the " Commencement Date ") and expiring on October__, 2011 or earlier, upon thirty (30) days notice given to Holder following the occurrence of a Trading Price Termination Event ( as defined below in Section 4(c)) (the “ Expiration Date ” ), subject to the following terms and conditions:
This Warrant is one of a series of Class B Warrants issued pursuant to that certain Subscription Agreement, dated October___, 2009, by and among the Company and the Investors identified therein (the “ Subscription Agreement ”). All such Class B Warrants are referred to herein, collectively, as the “ Warrants .”
1. Definitions . In addition to the terms defined elsewhere in this Warrant, capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to such terms in the Subscription Agreement.
2. List of Warrant Holders . The Company shall register this Warrant, upon records to be maintained by the Company for that purpose (the “ Warrant Register ” ), in the name of the record Holder (which shall include the initial Holder or, as the case may be, any registered assignee to which this Warrant is permissibly assigned hereunder from time to time). The Company may deem and treat the registered Holder of this Warrant as the absolute owner hereof for the purpose of any exercise hereof or any distribution to the Holder, and for all other purposes, absent actual notice to the contrary.
3. List of Transfers; Restrictions on Transfer .
(a) This Warrant and the Warrant Shares are subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth in this Section 3.
(b) The Company shall register any such transfer of all or any portion of this Warrant in the Warrant Register, upon (i) surrender of this Warrant, with the Form of Assignment attached hereto duly completed and signed, to the Company at its address specified herein and (ii) delivery by the transferee of a written statement to the Company certifying that the transferee is an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501(a) under the Securities Act and making the representations and certifications set forth in Section 9(a) of the Subscription Agreement, to the Company at its address specified in the Subscription Agreement. Upon any such registration or transfer, a new Warrant to purchase Common Stock, in substantially the form of this Warrant (any such new Warrant, a “ New Warrant ” ), evidencing the portion of this Warrant so transferred shall be issued to the transferee and a New Warrant evidencing the remaining portion of this Warrant not so transferred, if any, shall be issued to the transferring Holder. The acceptance of the New Warrant by the transferee thereof shall be deemed the acceptance by such transferee of all of the rights and obligations in respect of the New Warrant that the Holder has transferred in respect of this Warrant.
(c) This Warrant may only be transferred to a transferee who is an “accredited investor.” If a registration statement is not in effect at any time that this Warrant is exercised, (i) the Warrant Shares issued upon such exercise shall be “restricted securities,” (ii) the stock certificate evidencing the Warrant Shares shall bear a restrictive legend referring to the Act, and (iii) as a condition precedent to issuance of the Warrant Shares upon such exercise, the Holder shall be required to execute an investment representation statement in the form provided by the Company as evidence of the Holder’s qualifications to purchase Common Stock in a “private placement” that is exempt from registration pursuant to Section 4(2) of the Act.
4. Exercise and Duration of Warrants .
(a) All or any part of this Warrant shall be exercisable by the registered Holder pursuant to Section 10 of this Warrant at any time and from time to time on or after the Commencement Date (as defined above and through and including the Expiration Date. Subject to Section 11 hereof, at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on the Expiration Date the portion of this Warrant not exercised prior thereto shall be and become void and of no value and this Warrant shall be terminated and no longer outstanding.
(b) The Holder may exercise this Warrant by delivering to the Company (i) an exercise notice, in the form attached hereto (the “ Exercise Notice ”), completed and duly signed, and (ii) payment of the Exercise Price for the number of Warrant Shares as to which this Warrant is being exercised. The date such items are delivered to the Company (as determined in accordance with the notice provisions hereof) is an “ Exercise Date .” The delivery by (or on behalf of) the Holder of the Exercise Notice and the applicable Exercise Price as provided above shall constitute the Holder’s certification to the Company that its representations contained in Section 9(a) of the Subscription Agreement are true and correct as of the Exercise Date as if remade in their entirety (or, in the case of any transferee Holder that is not a party to the Subscription Agreement, such transferee Holder’s certification to the Company that such representations are true and correct as to such assignee Holder as of the Exercise Date). The Holder shall not be required to deliver the original Warrant in order to effect an exercise hereunder. Execution and delivery of the Exercise Notice shall have the same effect as cancellation of the original Warrant and issuance of a New Warrant evidencing the right to purchase the remaining number of Warrant Shares.
(c) The term “ Trading Price Termination Event ” shall mean the occurrence, at any time that the Common Stock is listed for trading on a national securities exchange, other nationally recognized trading system, or is quoted on the Pink Sheets LLC or similar over-the-counter service (including, without limitation, the OTC Bulletin Board), for a period of fifteen (15) consecutive trading days (each a " Trading Day ") during which the quoted bid price of the Common Stock has been greater than two hundred percent (200%) of the Exercise Price.
5. Delivery of Warrant Shares .
(a) Upon exercise of this Warrant in accordance with Section 4 above, the Company shall promptly (but in no event later than three(3) Trading Days after the Exercise Date) issue or cause to be issued and cause to be delivered to or upon the written order of the Holder and in such name or names as the Holder may designate), a certificate for the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise, with restrictive legends complying with the Act and applicable state securities or blue sky laws unless (i)a registration statement is then in effect with respect to the Warrant Shares issued hereunder or (ii) the Warrant Shares are freely transferable without volume restrictions pursuant to Rule 144(k) promulgated under the Securities Act. If a registration statement with respect to the Warrant Shares issued hereunder is not then in effect and the Holder directs the Company to deliver a certificate for the Warrant Shares in a name other than that of the Holder or an Affiliate of the Holder, the Holder shall deliver to the Company on the Exercise Date an opinion of counsel reasonably satisfactory to the Company to the effect that the issuance of such Warrant Shares in such other name may be made pursuant to an available exemption from the registration requirements of the Act and all applicable state securities or blue sky laws. The Holder, or any Person so designated by the Holder, in accordance with the terms of this Warrant Agreement, to receive Warrant Shares shall be deemed to have become the holder of record of such Warrant Shares as of the Exercise Date. If the Warrant Shares can be issued without restrictive legends, the Company shall, upon the written request of the Holder, use its best efforts to deliver, or cause to be delivered, Warrant Shares hereunder electronically through the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation or another established clearing corporation performing similar functions, if available; provided, that, the Company may, but will not be required to, change its transfer agent if its current transfer agent cannot deliver Warrant Shares electronically through the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation.
(b) If by the close of the third Trading Day after delivery of an Exercise Notice, the Company fails to deliver to the Holder a certificate representing the requisite number of Warrant Shares in the manner required pursuant to Section 5(a), and if after such third Trading Day and prior to the receipt of such Warrant Shares, the Holder purchases (in an open market transaction or otherwise) shares of Common Stock to deliver in satisfaction of a sale by the Holder of the Warrant Shares which the Holder anticipated receiving upon such exercise (a “ Buy-In ”), then the Company shall, within three (3) Trading Days after the Holder’s request and in the Holder’s sole discretion, either (1) pay in cash to the Holder an amount equal to the Holder’s total purchase price (including brokerage commissions, if any) for the shares of Common Stock so purchased (the “ Buy-In Price ”), at which point the Company’s obligation to deliver such certificate (and to issue such Warrant Shares) shall terminate or (ii) promptly honor its obligation to deliver to the Holder a certificate or certificates representing such Warrant Shares and pay cash to the Holder in an amount equal to the excess (if any) of the Buy-In Price over the product of (A) such number of Warrant Shares, times (B) the closing bid price on a national securities exchange, other nationally recognized trading system, or on the Pink Sheets LLC or similar over-the-counter service (including, without limitation, the OTC Bulletin Board), on the date of the event giving rise to the Company’s obligation to deliver such certificate.
6. Charges, Taxes and Expenses . Issuance and delivery of certificates for shares of Common Stock upon exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax, withholding tax, transfer agent fee or other incidental tax or expense in respect of the issuance of such certificates, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company; provided, however , that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax that may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the registration of any certificates for Warrant Shares or Warrants in a name other than that of the Holder. The Holder shall be responsible for all other tax liability that may arise as a result of holding or transferring this Warrant or receiving Warrant Shares upon exercise hereof.
7. Replacement of Warrant . If this Warrant is mutilated, lost, stolen or destroyed, the Company shall issue or cause to be issued in exchange and substitution for and upon cancellation hereof, or in lieu of and substitution for this Warrant, a New Warrant, but only upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of such loss, theft or destruction and customary and reasonable indemnity (which shall not include a surety bond), if requested. Applicants for a New Warrant under such circumstances shall also comply with such other reasonable regulations and procedures and pay such other reasonable third party costs as the Company may prescribe. If a New Warrant is requested as a result of a mutilation of this Warrant, then the Holder shall deliver such mutilated Warrant to the Company as a condition precedent to the Company’s obligation to issue the New Warrant.
8. Reservation of Warrant Shares . The Company covenants that it will at all times reserve and keep available out of the aggregate of its authorized but unissued and otherwise unreserved Common Stock, solely for the purpose of enabling it to issue Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant as herein provided, the number of Warrant Shares that are then issuable and deliverable upon the exercise of this entire Warrant, free from preemptive rights or any other contingent purchase rights of persons other than the Holder (taking into account the adjustments and restrictions of Section 9). The Company covenants that all Warrant Shares so issuable and deliverable shall, upon issuance and the payment of the applicable Exercise Price in accordance with the terms hereof, be duly and validly authorized, issued and fully paid and nonassessable.
9. Certain Adjustments . The Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 9.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits . If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (i) pays a stock dividend on its Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares, or (iii) combines outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this Section 9(a) shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this Section 9(a) shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(b) Pro Rata Distributions . If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, distributes to all holders of Common Stock for no consideration (i) evidences of its indebtedness, (ii) any security (other than a distribution of Common Stock covered by Section 9(a)), (iii) rights or warrants to subscribe for or purchase any security, or (iv) any other asset (in each case, “ Distributed Property ”), then, upon any exercise of this Warrant that occurs after the record date fixed for determination of stockholders entitled to receive such distribution, the Holder shall be entitled to receive, in addition to any Warrant Shares otherwise issuable upon such exercise, the Distributed Property that such Holder would have been entitled to receive in respect of such number of Warrant Shares had the Holder been the record holder of such Warrant Shares immediately prior to such record date.
(c) Fundamental Transactions . If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding (i) the Company effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another person, in which the shareholders of the Company as of immediately prior to the transaction own less than a majority of the outstanding stock of the surviving entity, (ii) the Company effects any sale of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions, (iii) any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another person) is completed pursuant to which holders of Common Stock are permitted to tender or exchange their shares for other securities, cash or property, or (iv) the Company effects any reclassification of the Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which the Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property (each such transaction under (i), (ii) (iii) or (iv), a “ Fundamental Transaction ”), then the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant, the same amount and kind of securities, cash or property as it would have been entitled to receive upon the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction if it had been, immediately prior to such Fundamental Transaction, the holder of the number of Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise in full of this Warrant (the “ Alternative Consideration ” ). The Company sha