This Proprietorship Agreement involves
Title: CONSULTING, CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AGREEMENT
Governing Law: California Date: 11/6/2006
CONSULTING, CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AGREEMENT
This Consulting, Confidentiality and Proprietary Rights Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into as of the 31st day of October, 2006, by and between VIASPACE Inc., a Nevada Corporation and Denda Associates Co., Ltd. (“Consultant”).
WHEREAS, Company desires to engage Consultant to provide certain services as set forth on the Schedule.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and the mutual covenants and conditions contained herein, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Engagement. The Company hereby engages Consultant to perform those duties set forth in the Schedule attached hereto and such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Managers of the Company. Consultant hereby accepts such engagement upon the terms and subject to conditions set forth in this Agreement.
2. Compensation. For the services rendered by Consultant under this Agreement, the Company shall pay to Consultant the compensation specified in the Schedule, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
3. Term and Survivability. The term of this Agreement shall be for a period of as specified in the Schedule beginning on the Effective Date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, effective immediately upon 30 days written notice to the other party.
Upon termination of this Agreement the following sections of this Agreement shall survive such termination: Sections 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 and 13.
4. Costs and Expenses of Consultant’s Performance. All costs and expenses of Consultant’s performance hereunder shall be borne by Consultant, unless the Company agrees in writing to reimburse or pay such costs and expenses or as set forth on the Schedule attached hereto.
5. Taxes . As an independent contractor, Consultant acknowledges and agrees that he is solely responsible for the payment of any taxes and/or assessments imposed on account of the payment of compensation to, or the performance of services by Consultant pursuant this Agreement, including, without limitation, any unemployment insurance tax, federal and state income taxes, federal Social Security (FICA) payments, and state disability insurance taxes. The Company shall not make any withholdings or payments of said taxes or assessments with respect to amounts paid to Consultant hereunder; provided, however, that if required by law or any governmental agency, the Company shall withhold such taxes or assessments from amounts due Consultant, and any such withholding shall be for Consultant’s account and shall not be reimbursed by the Company to Consultant. Consultant expressly agrees to make all payments of such taxes, as and when the same may become due and payable with respect to the compensation earned under this Agreement.
6. Confidentiality. Consultant agrees that Consultant will not, except when required by applicable law or order of a court, during the term of this Agreement or thereafter, disclose directly or indirectly to any person or entity, or copy, reproduce or use, any Trade Secrets (as defined below) or Confidential Information (as defined below) or other information treated as confidential by the Company known, learned or acquired by the Consultant during the period of the Consultant’s engagement by the Company. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all Trade Secrets, knowledge, data or know-how of the Company, or of third parties in the possession of the Company, and any nonpublic technical, training, financial and/or business information treated as confidential by the Company, whether or not such information, knowledge, Trade Secret or data was conceived, originated, discovered or developed by Consultant hereunder. For purposes of this Agreement, “Trade Secrets” shall include, without limitation, any formula, concept, pattern, processes, designs, device, software, systems, list of customers, training manuals, marketing or sales or service plans, business plans, marketing plans, financial information, or compilation of information which is used in the Company’s business. Any information of the Company which is not readily available to the public shall be considered to be a Trade Secret unless the Company advises Consultant in writing otherwise. Consultant acknowledges that all of the Confidential Information is proprietary to the Company and is a special, valuable and unique asset of the business of the Company, and that Consultant’s past, present and future engagement by the Company has created, creates and will continue to create a relationship of confidence and trust between the Consultant and the Company with respect to the Confidential Information. Furthermore, Consultant shall immediately notify the Company of any information which comes to his attention which might indicate that there has been a loss of confidentiality with respect to the Confidential Information. In such event, Consultant shall take all reasonable steps within his power to limit the scope of such loss.
7. Return of the Company‘s Proprietary Materials. Consultant agrees to deliver promptly to the Company on termination of this Agreement for whatever reason, or at any time the Company may so request, all documents, records, artwork, designs, data, drawings, flowcharts, listings, models, sketches, apparatus, notebooks, disks, notes, copies and similar repositories of Confidential Information and any other documents of a confidential nature belonging to the Company, including all copies, summaries, records, descriptions, modifications, drawings or adaptations of such materials which Consultant may then possess or have under his control. Concurrently with the return of such proprietary materials to the Company, Consultant agrees to deliver to the Company such further agreements and assurances to ensure the confidentiality of proprietary materials. Consultant further agrees that upon termination of this Agreement, Consultant shall not retain any document, data or other material of any description containing any Confidential Information or proprietary materials of the Company.
8. Assignment of Proprietary Rights. Other than the Proprietary Rights listed on the Schedule attached hereto, Consultant hereby assigns and transfers to the Company all right, title and interest that Consultant may have, if any, in and to all Proprietary Rights (whether or not patentable or copyrightable) made, conceived, developed, written or first reduced to practice by Consultant, whether solely or jointly with others, during the period of Consultant’s engagement by the Company which relate in any manner to the actual or anticipated business or research and development of the Company, or result from or are suggested by any task assigned to Consultant or by any of the work Consultant has performed or may perform for the Company.
Consultant acknowledges and agrees that the Company shall have all right, title and interest in, among other items, all research information and all documentation or manuals related thereto that Consultant develops or prepares for the Company during the period of Consultant’s engagement by the Company and that such work by Consultant shall be work made for hire and that the Company shall be the sole author thereof for all purposes under applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws. Other than the Proprietary Rights listed on the Schedule attached hereto, Consultant represents and covenants to the Company that there are no Proprietary Rights relating to the Company’s business which were made by Consultant prior to Consultant’s engagement by the Company. Consultant agrees promptly to disclose in writing to the Company all Proprietary Rights in order to permit the Company to claim rights to which he may be entitled under this Agreement. With respect to all Proprietary Rights which are assigned to the Company pursuant to this Section 8, Consultant will assist the Company in any reasonable manner to obtain for the Company’s benefit patents and copyrights thereon in any and all jurisdictions as may be designated by the Company, and Consultant will execute, when requested, patent and copyright applications