Highland Realty 8, Development
10801 Johnston Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
Phone: 704-542-8348, Fax: 704-542-8281
THIS LEASE AGREEMENT, including any and all addenda attached hereto ("Lease"), is by and between
, a(n) an individual___________________ ("Landlord"),
(individual or State of formation and type of entity)
whose address is 10801 Johnston Rd., Suite 214, Charlotte, N.C. 28226______________________________________________________ and
Anchor Funding Services, LLC
, a(n) North Carolina Limited Liabilit y ( " Tenant").
(individual or State of formation and type of entity)
whose address is 10801 Johnston Rd., Suite 209-210, Charlotte, N.C. 28226
o If this box is checked, the obligations of Tenant under this Lease are secured by the guaranty of n/a (name(s) of guarantor(s)) attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
(Note: Any guaranty should be prepared by an attorney at law.)
For and in consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto agree as follows:
(Note: In this paragraph, Premises is the actual space being leased and Property is the broader site/location of the Premises.)
1. (a) Landlord leases unto Tenant, and Tenant hereby leases and takes upon the terms and conditions which hereinafter appear, those certain premises depicted on Exhibit A attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference (hereinafter called the "Premises"), which is a part of a building or buildings located at the Property (defined below).
The address of the Premises is:
10801 Johnston Rd., Suite 211, Charlotte, N.C. 28226
(b) The Premises is located at the following described property ("Property"):
McGregor Downs Building, 10801 Johnston Rd., Charlotte, N.C. 28226
o All o A portion of the property in Deed Reference: Book n/a ________ , Page No_____________ n/a
County; consisting of approximately __________________ n/a ______________________________________ acres.
Plat Reference: Lot(s) ________________ n/a Block or Section n/a ___________________________ as shown on Plat Book or Slide n/a
at Page(s) _________________ n/a______________ , n/a_______________________Contry, consisting of ____________n/a___________________acres
o If this box is checked, Property shall mean that property described on Exhibit B attached hereto and incorporated herewith by reference.
(For information purposes only, the tax parcel number of the Property is n/a
All facilities furnished at the Property and designated for the general use, in common, of occupants of the Property and their invitees, agents or employees, including Tenant hereunder, including but not limited to parking areas, streets, driveway s, sidewalks, canopies, roadways, loading platforms, shelters, ramps, landscaped areas, exterior water faucets, irrigation systems, exterior lighting fixtures, signs and other facilities whether of a similar or dissimilar nature ("Common Areas") shall at all times be subject to the exclusive control and management of Landlord, and Landlord shall have the right from time to time to change the area, level, location and arrangement of the Common Areas and to restrict parking by tenants and their employees to employee parking areas, to make Rules and Regulations (as herein defined) and do such things from time to time as in Landlord's reasonable discretion may be necessary regarding the Common Areas.
Tenant shall also have a non-exclusive right, in common with other tenants at the Property, to the use of the Common Areas at the Property, subject to the terms hereof.
2. The term of this Lease shall commence on November 01 , 2007 ("Lease Commencement Date"), and shall end at midnight on May 30, 2009 , unless sooner terminated as herein provided. The first Lease Year Anniversary shall be the date twelve (12) calendar months after the first day of the first full month immediately following the Lease Commencement Date and successive Lease Year Anniversaries shall be the date twelve (12) calendar months from the previous Lease Year Anniversary.
o If this box is checked, Tenant shall have the option of renewing this Lease, upon written notice given to Landlord at least 90 days prior to the end of the then expiring term of this Lease, for one additional term(s) of Two years each.
o Option to Lease- If this box is checked, Tenant, upon the payment of the sum of $ n/a (which sum is not rental or security deposit hereunder, but is consideration for this Option to Lease and is non-refundable under any circumstances) shall have a period of n/a days prior to the Lease Commencement Date ("Option Period") in which to inspect the Premises and make inquiry regarding such sign regulations, zoning regulations, utility availability, private restrictions or permits or other regulatory requirements as Tenant may deem appropriate to satisfy itself as to the use of the Premises for Tenant's intended purposes. Tenant shall conduct all such on-site inspections, examinations, inquiries and other review of the Premises in a good and workmanlike manner, shall repair any damage to the Premises caused by Tenant's entry and on-site inspections and shall conduct same in a manner that does not unreasonably interfere with Landlord's or any tenant's use and enjoyment of the Property. In that respect, Tenant shall make reasonable efforts to undertake on-site inspections outside of the hours any tenant's business is open to the public and shall give prior notice to the tenant at the Premises of any entry onto the Premises for the purpose of conducting inspections. Upon Landlord's request, Tenant shall provide to Landlord evidence of general liability insurance. Tenant shall also have a right to review and inspect all contracts or other agreements affecting or related directly to the Premises and shall be entitled to review such books and records of Landlord that relate directly to the operation and maintenance of the Premises, provided, however, that Tenant shall not disclose any information regarding the Property (or any tenant therein) unless required by law and the same shall be regarded as confidential, to any person, except to its attorneys, accountants, lenders and other professional advisors, in which case Tenant shall obtain their agreement to maintain such confidentiality. Tenant assumes all responsibility for the acts of itself, its agents or representatives in exercising its rights under this Option to Lease and agrees to indemnify and hold Seller harmless from any damages resulting therefrom. This indemnification obligation of Tenant shall survive the termination of this Option to Lease or this Lease. Tenant shall, at Tenant's expense, promptly repair any damage to the Premises or Property caused by Tenant's entry and on-site inspections. IF TENANT CHOOSES NOT TO LEASE THE PREMISES, FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, AND PROVIDES WRITTEN NOTICE TO LANDLORD THEREOF PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE OPTION PERIOD, THEN THIS LEASE SHALL TERMINATE AND NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE ANY FURTHER OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER AND LANDLORD SHALL RETURN TO TENANT ANY RENTAL OR SECURITY DEPOSIT PAID TO LANDLORD HEREUNDER. Tenant shall be deemed to have exercised its Option to Lease and to be bound under the terms of this Lease if (i) Tenant shall occupy the Premises prior to the expiration of the Option Period, whereupon the date of occupancy shall be deemed the Lease Commencement Date, or (ii) Tenant shall not provide written notice to Landlord of its termination of this Lease prior to the expiration of the Option Period.
3. Beginning on November 01, 2007 ("Rent Commencement Date"), Tenant agrees to pay Landlord (or its Agent as directed by Landlord), without notice, demand, deduction or set off, an annual rental of $ 9,000.00 , payable in equal monthly installments of $ 750. 00 , in advance on the first day of each calendar month during the term hereof. Upon execution of this Lease, Tenant shall pay to Landlord the first monthly installment of rent due hereunder. Rental for any period during the term hereof which is less than one month shall be the pro-rated portion of the monthly installment of rental due, based upon a 30 day month.
q If this box is checked, the annual rental payable hereunder (and accordingly the monthly installments) shall be adjusted every one Lease Year Anniversary by 4 % over the amount then payable hereunder. In the event renewal of this Lease is provided for in paragraph 2 hereof and effectively exercised by Tenant, the rental adjustments provided herein shall apply to the term of the Lease so renewed, or
q If this box is checked, the annual rental payable hereunder (and accordingly the monthly installments) shall be adjusted every n/a Lease Year Anniversary by $ nia over the amount then payable hereunder. In the event renewal of this Lease is provided
for in paragraph 2 hereof and effectively exercised by Tenant, the rental adjustments provided herein shall apply to the term of the Lease so renewed,
x If this box is checked, Tenant shall pay all rental to Landlord's Agent at the following address:
Highland Realty & Development, Ltd., 10801 Johnston Rd., Suite 116, Charlotte, N.C. 28226
4. If Landlord fails to receive full rental payment within 10 days after it becomes due, Tenant shall pay Landlord, as additional
rental, a late charge equal to ten percent 10 (%) of the overdue amount or $ n/a whichever is greater, plus any actual bank fees incurred for dishonored payments. The parties agree that such a late charge represents a fair and reasonable estimate of the cost Landlord will incur by reason of such late payment.
5. Upon the execution of this Lease, Tenant shall deposit with Landlord the sum of $ 7 50 - 00 as a security deposit which shall be held by Landlord as security for the full and faithful performance by Tenant of each and every term, covenant and condition of this Lease. The security deposit does not represent payment of and Tenant shall not presume application of same as payment of the last monthly installment of rental due under this Lease. Landlord shall have no obligation to segregate or otherwise account for the security deposit except as provided in this paragraph 5. If any of the rental or other charges or sums payable by Tenant shall be over-due and unpaid or should payments be made by Landlord on behalf of Tenant, or should Tenant fail to perform any of the terms of this Lease, then Landlord may, at its option, appropriate and apply the security deposit, or so much thereof as may be necessary, to compensate toward the payment of the rents, charges or other sums due from Tenant, or towards any loss, damage or expense sustained by Landlord resulting from such default on the part of the Tenant; and in such event Tenant upon demand shall restore the security deposit to the amount set forth above in this paragraph 5. In the event Tenant furnishes Landlord with proof that all utility bills and other bills of Tenant related to the Premises have been paid through the date of Lease termination, and performs all of Tenant's other obligations under this Lease, the security deposit shall be returned to Tenant within sixty (60) days after the date of the expiration or sooner termination of the term of this Lease and the surrender of the Premises by Tenant in compliance with the provisions of this Lease.
x If this box is checked, Agent shall hold the security deposit in trust and shall be entitled to the interest, if any, thereon.
UTILITY BILLS/SERVICE CONTRACTS
6. Landlord and Tenant agree that utility bills and service contracts ("Service Obligations") for the Premises shall be paid by the party indicated below as to each Service Obligation. in each instance, the party undertaking responsibility for payment of a Service Obligation covenants that they will pay the applicable bills prior to delinquency. The responsibility to pay for a Service Obligation shall include all metering, hook-up fees or other miscellaneous charges associated with establishing, installing and maintaining such utility or contract in said party's name. Within thirty (30) days of the Lease Commencement Date, Tenant shall provide Landlord with a copy of any requested Tenant Service Obligation information.
Landlord shall not be liable for injury to Tenant's business or loss of income there-from or for damage that may be sustained by the person, merchandise or personal property of Tenant, its employees, agents, invitees or contractors or any other person in or about the Premises, caused by or resulting from fire, steam, electricity, gas, water or rain, which may leak or flow from or into any part of the Premises, or from the breakage, leakage, obstruction or other defects of any utility installations, air conditioning system or other components of the Premises or the Property, except to the extent that such damage or loss is caused by Landlord's gross negligence or willful misconduct. Landlord makes no representations or warranties with respect to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system(s) or utility installations existing as of the date hereof or in the future. Subject to the provisions of this paragraph 6, Landlord shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for any discontinuance, failure or interruption of service to the Premises of utilities or the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system(s) and Tenant shall have no right to terminate this Lease or withhold rental because of the same.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
7. The rules and regulations, if any, attached hereto ("Rules and Regulations") are made a part of this Lease. Tenant agrees to comply with any Rules and Regulations of Landlord in connection with the Premises which are in effect at the time of the execution of the Lease or which may be from time to time promulgated by Landlord in its reasonable discretion, provided such Rules and Regulations are in writing and are not in conflict with the terms and conditions of the Lease. Landlord shall use commercially reasonable efforts to enforce such Rules and Regulations at the Property, provided, however, in no event shall Landlord be obligated to make any material expenditures in connection with the enforcement of such Rules and Regulations. Landlord shall not be liable for any damages arising from any use, act or failure to act of any other tenant or occupant (including such tenant's or occupant's invitees, agents or employees), if any, of the Property.
8. The permitted use of the Premises shall be Professional Office Use Only
("Permitted Use"). The Premises shall be used and wholly occupied by Tenant solely for the purposes of conducting the Permitted Use, and the Premises shall not be used for any other purposes unless Tenant obtains Landlord's prior written approval of any change in use. Landlord makes no representation or warranty regarding the suitability of the Premises for or the legality (under zoning or other applicable ordinances) of the Permitted Use for the Premises, provided however, that Landlord does represent that it has no contractual obligations with other parties which will materially interfere with or prohibit the Permitted Use of Tenant at the Premises. At Tenant's sole expense, Tenant shall procure, maintain and make available for Landlord's inspection from time to time any governmental license(s) or permit(s) required for the proper and lawful conduct of Tenant's business in the Premises. Tenant shall not cause or permit any waste to occur in the Premises and shall not overload the floor, or any mechanical, electrical, plumbing or utility systems serving the Premises. Tenant shall keep the Premises, and every part thereof, in a clean and wholesome condition, free from any objectionable noises, loud music, objectionable odors or nuisances.
TAXES, INSURANCE AND COMMON AREA AND PROPERTY OPERATING EXPENSES
9. Landlord shall pay all taxes (including but not limited to, ad valorem taxes, special assessments and any other governmental charges) on the Property, shall procure and pay for such commercial general liability, broad form fire and extended and special perils insurance with respect to the Property as Landlord in its reasonable discretion may deem appropriate and shall maintain and operate the Common Areas and the Property. Tenant shall reimburse Landlord for its proportionate share of all taxes, insurance and Common Areas and Property operating expenses as provided herein within fifteen (15) days after receipt of notice from Landlord as to the amount due. Tenant shall be solely responsible for insuring Tenant's personal and business property and for paying any taxes or governmental assessments levied thereon. Tenant shall reimburse Landlord for its proportionate share of taxes, insurance and Common Areas and Property operating expenses during the term of this Lease, and any extension or renewal thereof; as follows:
o Its proportionate share of the amount by which all taxes (including but not limited to, ad valorem taxes, special assessments and any other governmental charges) on the Property for each tax year exceed all taxes on the Property for the tax year n/a ; or
o Its proportionate share of all taxes (including but not limited to, ad valorem taxes, special assessments and any other governmental charges) on the Property for each tax year.
If the final Lease Year of the term fails to coincide with the tax year, then any excess for the tax year during which the term ends shall be reduced by the pro rata part of such tax year beyond the Lease term. If such taxes for the year in which the Lease terminates are not ascertainable before payment of the last month's rental, then the amount of such taxes assessed against the Property for the previous tax year shall be used as a basis for determining the pro rata share, if any, to be paid by Tenant for that portion of the last Lease Year.
o If this box is checked, Tenant shall reimburse Landlord for its proportionate share of taxes by paying to Landlord, beginning on the Rent Commencement Date and on the first day of each calendar month during the term hereof, an amount equal to one-twelfth (1/12) of its proportionate share of the then current tax payments for the Property. Upon receipt of bills, statements or other evidence of taxes due, Landlord shall pay or cause to be paid the taxes. If at any time the reimbursement payments by Tenant hereunder do not equal its proportionate share of the amount of taxes paid by Landlord, Tenant shall upon demand pay to Landlord an amount equal to the deficiency or Landlord shall refund to Tenant any overpayment (as applicable) as documented by Landlord. Landlord shall have no obligation to segregate or otherwise account for the tax reimbursements paid hereunder except as provided in this paragraph 9.
Its proportionate share of the excess cost of commercial general liability, broad form fire and extended and special perils insurance with respect to the Property over the cost of the first year of the Lease term for each subsequent year during the term of this Lease; or
q Its proportionate share of the cost of all commercial general liability, broad form fire and extended and special perils insurance with respect to the Property.
Provided, however, that in the event Tenant's use of the Premises results in an increase in the rate of insurance on the Property, Tenant also shall pay to Landlord, upon demand and as additional rental, the amount of any such increase.