This Consulting Services Agreement involves
Title: Administrative Services Agreement
Governing Law: California Date: 11/24/2009
Industry: Investment Services Sector: Financial
Administrative Services Agreement
Franklin Templeton Services, LLC
[Name of Insurance Company]
THIS AGREEMENT , by and between Franklin Templeton Services, LLC (the “Fund Administrator”), and [ ] Insurance Company[, [ ] Insurance Company (each of which is referred to as] (the “Company”), concerning certain administrative services with respect to each series (“Fund” or “Funds”) of Franklin Templeton Variable Insurance Products Trust (the “Trust”), which Funds are specified in the Participation Agreement, as may be amended from time to time, among the Company, the Trust, and Franklin Templeton Distributors, Inc. (the “Underwriter”), among others, dated , (the “Participation Agreement”).
1. Administrative Services. Administrative services for the Company’s Separate Accounts (the “Account” or “Accounts”) which invest in the Funds pursuant to the Participation Agreement, and administrative services for purchasers of variable life and annuity contracts (the “Contracts”) issued by the Company through the Accounts, are and shall be the responsibility of the Company. Administrative services with respect to the Funds in which the Accounts invest, and for purchasers of shares of the Funds, are and shall be the responsibility of the Fund Administrator or its affiliates. The Company has agreed to assist the Fund Administrator, as the Fund Administrator may request from time to time, with the provision of administrative services (“Administrative Services”) to the Funds, on a sub-administration basis, as they may relate to the investment in the Funds by the Accounts. It is anticipated that the Administrative Services may include, but may not be limited to, the services listed on Schedule A.
2. Administrative Expense Payments. The Fund Administrator recognizes the Company, on behalf of the Accounts, as the shareholder of shares of the Funds purchased under the Participation Agreement on behalf of the Accounts. The Fund Administrator further recognizes that it will derive a substantial administrative convenience by virtue of having the Company be the shareholder of record of shares of the Funds purchased under the Participation Agreement, rather than multiple shareholders having record ownership of such shares. The Fund Administrator recognizes that the Company will provide administrative services necessary to facilitate investment in the Funds.
In consideration of the Administrative Services provided by the Company and the administrative convenience resulting to the Fund Administrator described above, the Fund Administrator agrees to pay the Company a fee as set forth in Schedule B.
3. Computation of Administrative Expense Payments. As soon as practicable after the end of each quarter, the Company will send the Fund Administrator, at the address indicated in this Paragraph 3 and in the manner set forth below, a statement of the average daily net assets for the preceding quarter, of shares of the Fund as to which the fee stated in Schedule B is to be calculated. The Fund Administrator will calculate and pay the Company its fee within thirty (30) days after the end of the three-month periods ending in January, April, July and October. Such payment will be by wire transfer unless the amount thereof is less than $500.
Wire transfers will be sent to the bank account and in the manner specified by the Company. Such wire transfer will be separate from wire transfers of redemption proceeds and distributions. Amounts less than $500 shall be paid by check or by another method acceptable to both parties.
For purposes of this Paragraph 3, the average daily net asset value of the shares of a Fund will be based on the net assets reported by the Trust on behalf of each Fund to the Company. No adjustments will be made to such net assets to correct errors in the net asset value so reported for any day unless such error is corrected and the corrected net asset value per share is reported to the Company before 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on the first Business Day after the day to which the error relates. “Business Day” will mean any day on which the New York Stock Exchange is open for trading and on which the Fund calculates its net asset value pursuant to the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For purposes of this Paragraph 3, the address shall be Corporate Accounting, Franklin Resources, One Franklin Parkway, San Mateo, California 94403; Attention: Mike Corcoran, Manager.
4. Confidentiality of Payment Rate. The Company acknowledges that the rate and amount of payments to be made to the Company under this Agreement are proprietary and confidential information of the Fund Administrator and its affiliates, and that disclosure of this information to third parties may cause damage to Fund Administrator or its affiliates. The Company agrees to take any and all reasonable actions to limit disclosure of this information to only those of its employees, officers, consultants and agents who need the information in order to perform their duties, and to notify such persons of the terms of this paragraph. In the event any other party seeks to compel disclosure of confidential information through judicial or administrative process, then the Company shall promptly give the Fund Administrator written notice of such demand and, if requested by the Fund Administrator, shall cooperate in the Fund Administrator’s efforts to challenge or limit any such disclosure. Violation of the confidentiality provision shall be grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement by the Fund Administrator in its sole discretion. Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent the Company from disclosing the existence of this Agreement in the Contracts’ prospectuses or elsewhere.
5. Nature of Payments. The parties to this Agreement recognize and agree that the Fund Administrator’s payments to the Company relate to Administrative Services only and do not constitute payment in any manner for investment advisory services, for costs of distribution of Contracts or of shares of the Fund, or for services that the Company is otherwise required to perform, and that these payments are not otherwise related to investment advisory or distribution services or expenses. The amount of the payments made by the Fund Administrator to the Company under this Agreement shall not be deemed to be conclusive with respect to actual administrative expenses incurred by the Company or savings of the Fund Administrator.
6. Notice. Any notice shall be sufficiently given when sent by registered or certified mail to the other party at the address of such party set forth in Schedule C of this Agreement or at such other address as such party may from t